WatchAir App Support
Frequently Answered QuestionsVersion 1.2.4 / Updated on Dec 7, 2017
To get ready to use WatchAir
WatchAir Initial Setup
- Solid red: Updating. (Please DO NOT Power off)
- Solid green: Rebooting
- Blinking blue: Ready to be connected so that you can find WatchAir SSID on “Settings” app.
- Spinning blue: Connecting so that you can find your WiFi router on WatchAir app.
- Solid blue: Fully connected so that you can watch your local live TV on WatchAir app.
- If your SSID has “0” in its name, it is “zero”, not “alphabet O”. So please enter your password without alphabet O.
- Or at this moment, some smartphones think this is something wrong, because smartphones temporarily lost the internet connection, although this should be OK when you connect WatchAir. So please disable your LTE connection and only turn on your WiFi connection when you connect WatchAir if this issue happens.
- When your LED is spinning blue, it is normal for you to be unable to find WatchAir SSID in your “Setting” app on your mobile phone. Instead, please go back and open WatchAir app and wait for “several minutes” until you can see your WatchAir SSID in a pop-up window. Please choose your WatchAir SSID. Then your WatchAir will be connected to your WiFi router. Your LED will turn “solid blue” then. Now your WatchAir is fully connected.
- When your LED is blinking blue, please go to “Settings” app on your mobile phone, and choose your WatchAir SSID as your WiFi network. It is OK for you to see “There is no internet connection” at this moment. After choosing your WatchAir SSID in your “Settings” app, please go back to WatchAir app. Then WatchAir app lets you find your WiFi router with your password. After entering your WiFi password, your WatchAir will be connected to your WiFi router. If your WiFi router password is not working, please turn off your LTE option on your mobile phone and try it again. Your LED will turn “solid blue” then. Now your WatchAir is fully connected.
- When your LED is solid blue, your WatchAir is already connected to your WiFi home network. It is normal for you not to see WatchAir SSID in the WiFi list of your "Settings" app on your mobile phone.
If your WatchAir is currently connected to your WiFi router, in other words, if your ring LED is "solid blue" and you can watch your live TV through your WatchAir, you can do this remote factory data reset by clicking "Settings" > "Support" > "Factory Data Reset". Then you will see the red LED light for a while, and WatchAir will be rebooted. When the LED goes to "blinking blue", your WatchAir is fully connected.Option 2. Manual Hardware Reset If your WatchAir is not currently connected to your WiFi router, this is how to do the manual hardware reset for WatchAir.
- Identify the reset hole at the left side of the USB port on the left side of WatchAir’s smart bar.
- Use something long and sharp, such as a paper clip or a dress pin, and please keep pushing the hole until you see a "five-second-long solid red" LED light. The "five-second-long solid red" light is very important. If you cannot see this, your hardware reset failed. For example, you might not be pushing the hole at the right angle.
- Stop pushing the reset hole when you see this "five-second-long" solid red.
- Then WatchAir will reboot with a green light. After rebooting, LED goes "blinking blue" again.
WatchAir Watching & Recording
|On Device # 1||On Device # 2||View Use Case Description||WatchAir Support|
|Watching Live Channel A||Watching Live Channel A||Concurrently watching one identical live channel over two displays||Yes|
|Watching Live Channel A||Watching Live Channel B||Concurrently watching two different live channels over two displays||No|
|Watching Live Channel A||Watching Recorded Channel B||Concurrently watching one live channel while watching another recorded channel||Yes|
|Watching Recorded Channel A||Watching Recorded Channel B||Concurrently watching two different recorded channels||Yes|
|Watching Live Channel A||Recording Live Channel A||Concurrently watching one live channel while recording the same channel||Yes|
|Watching Live Channel A||Recording Live Channel B||Concurrently watching one live channel while recording another live channel||No|
|Recording Live Channel A||Recording Live Channel B||Concurrently recording two different live channels||No|
- Watching local live TV program
- Watching recorded local TV program
- Requesting local live TV program recording
- WatchAir device should be connected to your main WiFi router, not to any secondary WiFi router.
- WiFi router needs to support uPnP or port forwarding, which is a typical feature for WiFi routers.
- The streaming resolution may not be HD quality due to unexpected traffic over the internet.
- Only allowed for personal usage
- When you are out of your home network to use this service, your our mobile device needs to be connected to a personal WiFi router or LTE connection, because a corporate or public WiFi connection will not usually allow this private streaming. When LTE is used, please be aware of its data consumption.
- No public rebroadcasting: Only your own mobile devices will be allowed to access this service. Please note that it is illegal to retransmit TV contents to the public without paying the transmission fee to broadcasters.